Localised Intelligence & Risk Report
Well-timed and accurate intelligence relating to a specific location can help to mitigate risks and reveal opportunities.
A regime change, a virus outbreak, recent adverse regulations, new risks of corruption, latest security threats – these challenges tend to develop rapidly over a short period and they can be dangerously disruptive. Thankfully, business leaders and company directors can rely on well-timed and accurate location-specific intelligence to make informed decisions with confidence.
What is localised intelligence?
Localised intelligence comprises of corporate intelligence, security intelligence, political intelligence, as well as specific intelligence relating to a geographic region. It can include but not limited to:
- A coup d’état
- Political, social or religious unrests
- Terrorism threats
- Low and high-level criminal activities
- Traffic disruptions
- Planned demonstrations
- Other key events, such as anticipated power outages
Opportunities are revealed too
While the main aim of local intelligence is to highlight risks, well-timed and accurate information also presents tremendous opportunities for business leaders to take advantage of. For example, local intelligence can help to identify parties of influence whom your company could approach directly.
The value of localised intelligence and risk reports
When information is tailored to specific requirements and locations, based on accurate intelligence gathered from agents on the ground and taking into consideration of wider geo-political issues affecting the location, business leaders can transform challenges into opportunities.
Localised intelligence empowers business leaders to:
- Assess and manage risks pertaining to a target location
- Reduce ambiguity and confusion
- Respond to crises and adversity
- Beware of any local regulatory compliance
- Avoid communication problems due to language barriers or different business practices
- Identify new opportunities
- Make informed decisions to keep overseas employees, facilities and investments safe
At Blackhawk Intelligence, we prove the most up-to-date information and threat intelligence obtained from authoritative sources and gained from where it applies most critically – locally. This is where our local intelligence specialists, part of our London-based corporate intelligence team, can make a difference. We proactively monitor geo-political and security events around the world and offer localised intelligence and risk reports which accurately evaluate the environments which you operate in.
Rely on Blackhawk Intelligence for localised intelligence reports
Using progressive investigative methods, our local human intelligence (HUMINT) specialists collect, process and analyse information which is useful to your organisation and your decision-making process. Geo-political and security related events are closely monitored so you can accurately assess and manage the risks with confidence.
Sources are dependent on the specific location. For example, the highest value sources are identified and utilised as per the location, but typical sources include:
- Open sources (from reports in local language(s) to media in English)
- Local HUMINT (Human intelligence) gathered by means of interpersonal contact
- International security reports, e.g. from embassies & diplomatic sources
Types of localised intelligence and risk reports from Blackhawk Intelligence
As every organisation faces a unique set of risks and requirements, our approach is highly responsible. You can pick and choose the type of local intelligence you are after and engage us at a level that suits your business objectives. For example, you can choose to receive daily security reports or emergency action notifications.
- Daily Security Reports: delivering fresh updates on daily incidents & events.
- Emergency Action Notifications: providing real-time notifications and alerts on current events and risk factors, offering suggestions on what to avoid and recommended responses to specific situations. Typically, when our local agents receive the information, they verify and do a quick analysis, before sending out to key personnel of your organisation within 30 minutes.
Format of the briefings
The format, frequency and target audience are tailored to each client. However, there are two popular client formats:
- Detailed weekly updates including forecasts and risk matrices
- HUMINT briefings on particular issues
There is no room for compromise
Our corporate intelligence team oversees five functions – due diligence, research, security, GDPR and risk management. Localised intelligence is part of risk management with cross-functional support from due diligence, research and security teams.
Multidisciplinary and dynamic, our corporate intelligence team consists of investigators, financial analysts and lawyers, as well as a global network of intelligence experts. We have the expertise and resources to assist the UK and international clients with issues concerning their business ventures and facilities overseas.
Every piece of local intelligence and security threat is professionally researched, cross-reference and delivered through cost-effective local intelligence reports.
To find out more about how Blackhawk Intelligence can help you reduce risks pertaining to your business ventures and facilities overseas, call us today on +44 (0)20 8108 9317.
How companies use our localised intelligence reports
Company A had a factory in a city which witnessed a series of demonstrations that had disrupted its operations. Our local intelligence team monitored the situation closely and kept Company A updated as the events unfolded. Then one of our localised reports forewarned of protests that might shut down the regional airport. Upon learning this, the company took proactive steps to stop personnel from flying in and out, successfully keeping its employees safe and minimise business disruption in the process.
Company B planned to invest in a precious metal mine in a remote region. Before sending the first team of geologists over to drill for samples, the company asked for a localised intelligence report. Specifically, they wanted to know the kidnapping risks of precious metal workers in the area, as these workers are vulnerable to kidnapping in some countries. We compiled statistics of crime and corruption pertaining to the location, along with the latest advice on personal security, HEAT (Hostile Environment Awareness Training) and first-aid training.
Call us today on +44 (0)20 8108 9317 if you’re looking to manage risks relating to a location.
Top 5 benefits of working with Blackhawk Intelligence
- Personalised service – you can choose the type of local intelligence that is critical to your organisation and we will deliver accordingly.
- Global reach – you can rely on our trusted teams and partners spread across the world.
- Latest tools and technology – our investigators are equipped with tools and technologies to facilitate intelligence gathering and analysis.
- A multidisciplinary team – we have legal, compliance, security, audit and local experts on our team. Many of them are multilingual too.
- Highly discreet with no hidden charges – all fees are transparent and every case is handled with complete discretion.
To find out more about how Blackhawk can help you to reduce risk within your business, call us today on +44 (0)20 8108 9317.